Thursday, October 12, 2017

Wednesday, October 11

More about yesterday.....
After our tour and exploring in Strasbourg, we came back to the ship in Kehl. 
We had a cooking demonstration by our Chef Peter. He made Flammkuchen and, of course, a sample for everyone!  It's similar to pizza. I have the recipe and it seems very easy. I hope to try it!!
And, because we don't stop eating on this cruise, we had a German buffet dinner!

All types of sausages (Vern was in his glory), red cabbage, snitzel (veal and chicken), spaetzel, bread filling balls, potato salad, and of course sauerkraut were all part of the menu!

The waiters and waitresses were dressed in local garb. 

Local beer was overflowing!

After lingering over dinner, Dawn and I wrapped ourselves in blankets to go out on the deck as the ship went through a lock. It was interesting to watch!  It was so different from going through the lock in the Panama Canal!
And, a picture going through.....

And, now we're ready to continue.....

7 comments:

  1. Mom with a beer in her hand! Never thought I would see that!! Probably just posing for a pic though!!! Glad you are still enjoying your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You'll never know if I drank it or not!!!

      Delete
  2. Agree, I don't think I ever saw mom with a beer! And spaetzle? My favorite!!! Looks cool going through the locks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I thought of you as I ate the spaetzle!

      Delete
  3. So.... that's what a lock looks like from the deck.
    The food looks delicious. It's making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Doug and Marla.......never thought I would see Maria Fehnel with a beer in her hand!?!? Was it good? That's probably the real reason you were wrapped in blankets, out on the deck! he! he! Enjoy!🍺

    ReplyDelete