90% of Cologne was destroyed during WWII.
This afternoon we went to a chocolate factory on a cute little tram. We didn't take a tour but we did buy candy!
A bridge near the ship is very unique--couples write their names on locks, put the locks around a rail, lock it, and throw the key in the Rhine. They are pledging their love forever. Ahhhh.,,,,,
Dinner was delicious, as usual, and since we couldn't decide on a dessert, we were brought two! Here's a pic of my pork tenderloin and 2 desserts!
We have to keep walking A LOT to walk off all this food we are eating! Yum!
I can't believe I continue seeing pics of Dad in long pants-it must be chilly! The cathedral looks breathtaking. Sounds like you had another fantastic day! Love seeing pics!
ReplyDeleteYes, it has been chilly! I've had 3 or 4 layers on every day! We bought fleece sweatshirts! We've all been fine though.
DeleteAh, Cologne! Such a beautiful cathedral! Are there still vineyards up the hills? The food looks awesome too! Do they give you a recipe book for all those delicious menus? That little tram is too cute! The four of you look like you're having a good time! Looking forward to more pictures. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteYes, we saw vineyards! Haven't been offered recipe books!
DeleteWe are having a great time!
What an awesome experience!
Spectacular sights, all! Mom and I are so enjoying your adventures! They’ve become the highlight of our day! ��
ReplyDeleteFantastic! Thanks for following!
DeleteWow what a wonderful food, I hope the ship does not have a scale! It sounds like all the sightseeing eill help in thst department.
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging I am enjoying thr travelog!
Thank goodness, no scale!!!
DeleteNo gym either!!!
Beautiful buildings, great food and 'best friends'! What more could you want? Marijuana?!?!? No, cocoa and rum! Yeah, that's right! Cocoa and rum!!! What an experience this 'all' is!
ReplyDelete